Evergreen - Holds →
Holds In Evergreen →
1.4. Hold Boundaries
- Patrons cannot place holds across
- Staff cannot place holds across
- They are inflexible, impermeable… hard.
- The system will never look beyond a hard boundary, even if there are no copies in the soft boundary area.
- We begin looking for a potential copy at the pickup library – ranged up to the soft boundary
- If no copy is found, it will walk up the org tree (and look down) until it hits a hard boundary
- Once a potential copy is identified it will never look further – that becomes the hard boundary for that hold
- Holds obey standard targeting/opportunistic behaviors otherwise